Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hurley_ET_Algorithm

Instructions

1. Take an image from row – a. If you’re a Junior

b. If you’re a Senior

c. If you’re a Master Student

2. Then cut your image vertically depending on first name:

a. Between A-H, 1”

b. Between I-R, 1.5”

c. Between S-Z, 2”

3. Glue your image into the column that represents your birth month (January on the left – December on the right), without completely covering an image.




The algorithm gave some surprising results. When I was thinking of the idea I was hoping for more pictures and underestimated the amount of attempts that people would have at completing the algorithum. Another thing that surprised me were the alterations to the strips. As shown above a few students cut designs into the strips which added another dimension to the art work.

There are a few things about the algorithm that I would change. First I would make the strips larger like 2", 2.5" and 3". Also most students had a lot of extra time and I think I would have added a forth pile of pictures to pick from and tell them to use that pile until time ran out.

No comments:

Post a Comment