Thursday, January 28, 2010

Burns_ET_ALgorithm



Instructions:

1. Make sure the paper is oriented in landscape with the word top at the top of the page.

2. In the pre-drawn circle, draw a straight line with the provided ruler and pencil from the current hour to the current minute of time. This does not have to be exact, just approximately where the numbers would be located on a clock.

3. In the allotted time left, draw straight lines in two-inch increments from your line within the circle. These may not intersect back into the circle.

4. If your line intersects with itself or another's at any point, then place a bold dot at that intersection.

Reaction:

The overall composition was completely different from what I was expecting. Overall, I thought it was more interesting. For the most part everyone followed the rules, with the exception of one who intersected their line back into the circle. However, I thought it was a good addition to the composition. I tried to keep the rules as broad as possible so that I would get a variety of results and that's just what I got. I wouldn't change anything in the rules after looking at the piece because I feel it exceeded my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment