Sunday, January 31, 2010

Algorithmic pattern



  1. Start from the top left of the paper and work your way diagonally to the bottom of the paper.

  1. Choose minimum 12 squares and fill them in on your way down the paper. Keep in mind to keep spaces between the squares you fill in.

  1. As you make your way down the paper the spaces between the squares should be at a minimum.

  1. The bottom rows should have very very few to no spaces between the filled in squares.

  1. You may fill in more then 12 squares but do not go beyond 20 squares



Reaction

My initial reaction to my canvas was that only a few people actually filled in my squares the way I intended. Instead I got various designs, but I think it makes the canvas more interesting this way instead of just the same pattern repeated over and over again. What I was looking for was a diagonal pattern from the left top corner to the bottom of the canvas, but instead when one side of the canvas got to cluttered people started drifting further and further to the right of the page until there was no more room, and by doing that it changed the whole look of the canvas into something entirely different.



No comments:

Post a Comment