Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tice_ET ALgorithm 02




Rules:

1. First person to start: Pick a piece on base to add to/slot into.

2. No chipboard piece shall be larger than 2” x 4” and must be rectangular.

3. If you are a junior, cut out 2 pieces of the corrugated.

- Make a ¼” score on all four short sides of rectangles. Location along short side is not specified.

- Slot chipboard pieces into open slots on the board.

4. If you are a senior, cut out 2 pieces of either thin or thick chipboard.

- Make ¼” score on both short sides of one piece.

- Make ¼” score on both long sides of other piece.

- Slot chipboard pieces into open slots on the board.

5. If you are a 5th year, cut out 3 pieces of thick chipboard.

- Make ¼” score on one short side and one long side of each of the three pieces.

- Slot chipboard pieces into open slots on the board.

6. If the board seems to be falling over, try to counterbalance by building up the other side of the form.


Reaction:


When I first tried to conjure up a 'design machine' I was unsure of where to begin. I found that others' interpretations and designs really opened my eyes to the possibilities of the project. There were many interesting methods of making form that culminated into an intriguing piece of art. Looking at it now, if I could go back, I would have a better understanding and a few new ideas on what I could create. I think the project as a whole was very compelling as a unique perspective on how to design.

No comments:

Post a Comment