Friday, March 5, 2010

Gal_ET_Algorithm 2



Design Machine Rules

 1. Take one piece of aluminum circle mesh from the pile.

2. Place the aluminum mesh on the wooden block where the same circular shape is carved.

3. Using  the tools given or your fingers mold the mesh into the hole.

4. The depth and form may vary.

5. Stick the mesh through the spiral wire, the face of the mesh shape facing out.

6.Glide the mesh form all the way to the end so it is near the previous unit.

      7. Repeat, until you run out of time.

 

 

As the class went on I realized that I was not clear enough on rule number 5. There were a couple of units that were altered from the shape the design machine made and rolled horizontally into a completely different shape, breaking the fluidity of the design. I added a rule that would prevent the shape made from the design machine to be altered. Overall, I was pleased with the outcome. I wish there could have been more units produced with the design machine so it could have covered the wire entirely. One thing I would change about the project would be to create a more compelling shape for the design machine which would make each unit different depending on the way the person runs it through the wire.





1 comment:

  1. 1. The balance between materials and simplicity is compelling.
    2. The unique thing is that every form is different to another one, actually not too much, but it has the very strong unity because of the wire frame.
    3.It gives me the idea of how I can use varius form in the unity.

    ReplyDelete