Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Piers-Gamble_FinalProposal

Modern Baseball Bat Design
For this project I intend to design a concept model for a modern baseball bat. Today athletic equipment design is growing field. My concept is to design a baseball bat that will both spark inspiration for sports designers as well as make a direct connection to Industrial America today using a symbol of America’s past time. Also I would like to incorporate a sense of city pride by interweaving a representation of Red Sox Nation with Boston as a center for new ideas regarding design.
I will use the laser cutter to create my design, because I would like to make it as close to life size as possible. I will use rhino to create my form and relay it to the laser cutter.
Designing: 4-5 hours
Rhino/Scripting: 6 hours
Converting: 2 hours
Assembling: 3-4 hours
Documenting: 2 hours












No comments:

Post a Comment